Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Do I have too much snot on my shirt?!

The other day, I caught a glimpse of myself in a window. Let me just tell you, it wasn't pretty! This was the second day in a row of not showering, I had my greasy hair pulled back in an unflattering ponytail, and I was wearing sweatpants, flip flops and a t-shirt with unidentified stains all over it. I came to the astonishing realization, that I have let myself go!

Lately the bar has been set rather low. Most things don't fit post baby-number-three, and comfort has taken precedence over the overall look of things. Before leaving the house, I will ask, not whether I have any snot on me, but whether I have too much snot on me! And where it used to take a bit of cleavage for my husband to be all "yawsa", it now only takes a pair of jeans and maybe a bit of mascara.

With all that being said, I don't know why this vision of myself was such a surprise!

I guess I was deceiving myself thinking that the right bag and a pair of big shades, would take away from the overall look of old worn yoga pants!    

I always used to think, that even as a mom, I would keep up with my fashion forward European self! Think Kate Hudson or Nicole Richie, where I would wear a great maxi-dress and a fashionable fedora hat on the one day, where I didn't have time to shower.

I guess without the worry of paparazzi on every corner, the incentive is lacking. Do I really want to get up an hour earlier in the morning to dry my hair, or make it to the mall, so I can buy that maxi-dress? .... maybe I should try and get myself on one of those reality shows - "Real Housewives of Expat Husbands" - now there's an idea! Then I would have to make an effort.... right?!

I have hope for myself though. Maybe things will change when the little one starts sleeping through the night, or when I don't pick out shirts based on their nursing efficiency, or when I have an amazingly tight hot body (because this will happen, it will!.....because I have sooooo much time to make it to a gym...hmmmm..... THIS WILL HAPPEN!) Worst case, I will at one point have three teenage daughters, who will make sure to let me know when I'm dressing badly, and who will make sure that we make it to a mall!   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment